Friday, June 01, 2007

RM 7 for a scoop of ice-cream??

The million dollar question:
"Are Kuchingnites willing to spend RM 7 on a scoop of ice-cream?"
Having too much Baskin Robbins in a day cause my brain to think of business plan...haha.so bizzarre rite?? I went there twice today cos it's 31st today, hence 31% discount for ice-cream! As I was studying for my exam, my mind just wonder off and the question "why aren't there franchise store of Baskin Robbins in Kuching?" So instead of studying, I searched on the internet for franchise opportunity of Baskins in Malaysia, unfortunately, the Malaysia website didn't mentioned anything bout opportuinity of a franchise store. If I open a franchise store in Kuching, will it make profit? Will ppl come on a regular basis but not just flooding the place on 31st and spend an average of RM 7 for a scoop of yummylicious ice-cream?? Since ppl are spending minimum of RM 10 on a cup of drink, so I guess RM 7 on ice-cream isn't that bad...don't you think so??? Bing and other drinking, chill out place are always filled with people and Scoops business doesn't look too bad too. So maybe this will work huh....haha... A start of a brilliant businnes....The next question is "How much does it cost to have a franchise store??" From what I read in the US website, you need to have $300,000 net worth and $100,000 of liquid assests. Hmmm...till I get that, I guess this is just a big dream of mine. Talking about big dreams, I think the Ayam Brand Baked Beans has got a pathetic advert which is playing in the tv now. It started off by a nice Lamborghini on the road, then when the car door was opened, the driver was a young boy and there shows the mum holding a plate of baked beans. Then as the son was playing a racing game, he imagined himself driving the Lambroghini. And there the mum appears again serving a chunckful of baked beans on top of a platre of rice for the whole family. Tagline of the advert: "Eat baked beans, dream big dreams". haha.

2 comments:

n.a.t.a.l.i.e said...

hoho...baskin robbins. i love. yummy.

Tzy Wen said...

sure, why not? if people can afford to go starbucks, they can afford RM7 ice cream. MCD sundae is already close to RM4.

and it appeals to the younger generation and those who are back from overseas. let me know when you open one so I can get discounts from you :P